MyDirectPlan by Darts Solutions
Darts Solutions Inc. (DSI) has supported a number of Ontario Government and private sector IT initiatives. Experience in social services has led DSI to realize many opportunities to help people with developmental disabilities to achieve their goals, participate in their communities, and have choice about how they and their families receive supports. MyDirectPlan (MDP) is a result of years of studying and meeting Passport and Direct Funding Families.
DSI’s team consists of software engineers, accountants, consultants, design and support professionals located in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Our collective experience allows us to create extraordinary solutions for our clients. Our collaborative environment fosters innovation and encourages new ideas to emerge.
We have supported a number of Ontario Government and private sector IT initiatives. Our experience in social services has led us to see many opportunities to help people with developmental disabilities.
Our team consists of software engineers, accountants, consultants, design and support professionals located in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Our collective experience allows us to create extraordinary solutions for our clients.
Our collaborative environment fosters innovation and encourages new ideas to emerge. Our collaborative environment fosters innovation and encourages new ideas to emerge.
What has become a program that has outgrown it’s original scope and size.
The service Recipients and their families should deserve and expect.
No excuses with today modern technology and our dedicated team.
Why MDP? Why Now?
Gaps and Community needs are addressed
MDP will support the ongoing transformation of the developmental services system into one that promotes greater independence for individuals and delivers person-centered supports through a collaborative and efficiency service delivery system. New approaches are required to create increased efficiency in the Direct Funding process for all parties. In addition, increased education and knowledge about the program is required to help individuals with developmental disabilities and their families utilize the funding received to the greatest extent.
Throughout our many engagements and personal discussions with individuals with developmental disabilities, their families, support workers and community representatives, the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS) and various other Agencies throughout the Province of Ontario, MDP identified the following gaps and/or community needs to address in the online service system:
- Families have indicated the current Direct Funding process can be time consuming and onerous.
- Recipient Families have trouble budgeting and keeping track of their expenses to date and their remaining balance. As a result, agencies frequently receive phone calls requesting updated information, which is time consuming for all.
- Recipients sometimes fail to spend their full allocation because information is not provided in an easily accessible format.
- Recipients who move from one region in the province to another face very different agency expectations because reporting is not standardized.
- Recipients do not have a centralized site that can help them find service providers.
- Agencies rely on a paper-based system where families submit invoices and receipts in multiple ways.
- Agencies manually verify and enter data into their internal system, which requires a large pool of staff to perform clerical.
- Passport Agencies require a signature on all submissions by the individuals, caregivers and support workers.
- Lack of detailed reports and data required for analysis.
Enter MyDirectPlan. We have systematically created improvements to standardize and tackle each issue and bring about solutions that work for everyone.
So you don’t need to worry about paperwork.
It’s your money. Choose the correct choices for you.
Confidence that we will be here when you need us to be.
Direct Funding that works properly
The purpose of MDP is to support the ongoing transformation of the developmental services system into one that promotes greater independence for individuals and their families. This initiative will utilize new technology-enabled approaches that will support and improve the service experience for individuals with developmental disabilities in receipt of direct funding throughout the province, by assisting individuals with online management of their Passport funds and provide the capacity to streamline invoice remittance procedures for recipients of Passport Funding and service agencies. MDP will provide the following outcomes for recipients and their families:
- Provide a streamlined online service system that will provide a platform for monthly and annual budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, service delivery and reporting. The online service system will guide recipients of Passport Funding, families and support workers through the reporting process using an efficient and clear approach.
- Provide instant access for the Passport recipient and those who have been provided access to their funding balance, service usage and expenditures.
- Simplify recording and tracking of expenditures through tools built into the online service system – including, but not limited to saved, historical and pending expense tracking.
- Provide access to information at any time from any computer, smartphone and/or tablet.
- Eliminate manual processes and associated paperwork required by the current process for budgeting, tracking and reporting to Passport Agencies.
- Provide automated notifications and a system wide notification system.
- Reduction in paper
- Reduce cost for families from current processes of mailing
- Reduce/eliminate lost paper submissions
MDP will empower recipients and their families:
- Provide accountability for individuals, families and service delivery agents through detailed tracking of expenses. Provide recipients with easily accessible information to address any concerns or issues with Direct Funding.
- Instill confidence in recipients of Passport Funding, families and support and respite workers that personal information is secure and confidential because of the protective security management incorporated into the online service system.
- Provide additional time, saved with the online service system, for social inclusion activities and to broaden social relationships.
MDP will provide the following outcomes for the Ministry and Agencies:
- Analytic Capabilities and Service Delivery from aggregate data. MDP does not provide access to individual data except where the relationship already exists.
- Access to real-time data to monitor funding commitments and service data
- Provide an opportunity for Passport Agencies and the Ministry to analyze service delivery levels and cost of service delivery across province with aggregate data.
- Typical non-eligible expenses or confusion can be identified and thus, educational training and workshop sessions developed to reduce reporting errors.
- Ease of communication by using a built-in notification tool to send out messages regionally or provincially to recipients of Passport Funding and their families.
MyDirectPlan will never charge you.
Call, email, chat or walk-in – We are here.
We will make sure you are more than satisfied.
Ready for MDP?
Create your account now.